Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be directly used to identify or contact a single person.
What personal information we collect
- When you log into Culturengine through the link we have sent you to participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, email, company name, gender, age, work country, nationality, work level and job function.
- When you answer the questions in the survey, we collect your values priorities data.
- When we work with a client, we will collect your and your teams values data and form analytics data to identify development needs and suggest solutions. In the project period, Culturengine will access and use such information to fulfill your requests and provide the relevant product or services made by you or your company.
You are asked to provide your personal information when you log into the Culturengine survey. Culturengine and its licensed partners may share this personal information with each other and to meet your requests and provide insight about your company or team culture.
Culturengine will after an agreed time anonymize your data and store it for alignment and statistics.
You are not required to provide the personal information that we have requested, but if you chose not to do so, we will not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to the services you have asked us to do.
How we use your personal information
- We will use your personal information to provide data back to you to help you gain insight in and hereby develop your culture
- We will use your personal information to create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising
- We may use your personal information, including age and gender, to determine appropriate services and form norm groups
- When Culturengine is invited or engaged to participate in conferences or forums, Culturengine may use demographics data and relevant values priorities provided by groups of users in an aggregated and anonymized form
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send you important notices, such as communications about access, guidance for use or reminders to complete the survey. Because this information is important to your interaction with Culturengine, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Culturengine’s latest insights, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as the time it took to complete the Culturengine survey so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
Cookies and Other Technologies
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Culturengine may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
Disclosure to Third Parties
External Service Providers
Culturengine does not share personal information with other service providers.
Mergers and acquisition
In the event of a reorganization, merger or sale, we may transfer any and all personal information we have collected into the relevant third party database.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Culturengine to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
Protection of Personal Information
Culturengine takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Culturengine online services such as the Culturengine Survey System and Dashboard protect your personal information in transit and at rest. Culturengine is built on Microsoft Azure and all data for European customers is stored in Europe datacenters.
Retention of Personal Information
Culturengine keeps your personal information and values priorities for consultancy application for the ongoing projects. We will retain your personal culture information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes in the project, then anonymize it unless a longer retention period is agreed or required for future comparisons.
Access to Personal Information
You may be given access to your personal information and values priorities from the survey. We may decline to process requests that are extremely impractical, or for which access is impossible due to earlier anonymisation. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made through the email email@example.com.
Children & Education
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using Culturengine products and services. Children under the age of 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, are not permitted to create their own Culturengine IDs, unless their parent provided verifiable consent.
If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, outside the above circumstances we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Culturengine websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Third parties in this context are Licence partners, customers recommendations and public educational sites for culture development
Culturengine uses approved Model Contractual Clauses for the international transfer of personal information collected in the European Economic Area and Switzerland. Culturengine, as a global company, has a number of legal entities in different jurisdictions which are responsible for the personal information which they collect, and which is processed on their behalf by Culturengine AS.
Culturengine abides by the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Cross Border Privacy Rules System. The APEC CBPR system provides a framework for organizations to ensure protection of personal information transferred among participating APEC economies.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Culturengine employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
Support email firstname.lastname@example.org
When a privacy question or access request is received we have a dedicated team to respond.
Where your issue may be more substantive in nature, more information may be sought from you. All such substantive contacts receive a response. If you are unsatisfied with the reply received, you may refer your complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction. If you ask us, we will endeavor to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues which may be applicable to your circumstances.